mardi 31 mars 2015

Best Broker for Canadians from Alberta

I am looking for some feedback if you are in somewhat the same position. I am from Alberta, Canada.



I am currently trading with Vantage FX in Sydney, Australia. I like everything about them except for the fact that they are regulated by ASIC which offers no protection if the company goes down.



I lost a little money with Alpari so this question is important for me as it may happen with everybroker I believe.



I want to open an account and start trading with a second broker and if it is a protected broker and I like what I see I might switch to them completely.

I was trading with Oanda at some point and I liked it but they don’t open accounts for Albertans any more. Same with some others.



US brokers do not open accounts for Canadians any more and I do not like their rules anyways with FIFO and margin requirements. Canadian brokers, which are very few, do not open accounts for Albertans. UK is a good option but what I found is that many brokers registered in London has nothing to do with UK, same Alpari is a good example. It was run by a Russian cowboy who lives in Cyprus and likes driving expensive cars per his own words, so it ended up where it is now. Bunch of other UK based companies are of the same origin which you don’t see if you don’t do a good research before you start trading with them.



Swiss registered brokers seem to be protected but they are not even answering my emails so far, so they failed the initial test and there is no point of going any further with them. Other parts of Western Europe maybe?



Obviously no Russian, Cyprus, Panama etc brokers so the choice is really limited then.



I am back to square one looking at Australia as the best place or the lesser evil if you will. Peppersone or Axitrader seem to be a really good choice but again, there is no protection from ASIC which they are under…



The way I trade I need microlots and may have dozens of open trades at the same time, not always but maybe as it is a slow moving system. Also I am trading only CHF pairs, unfortunately after the CHF fall. I almost started trading with ActiveTrades in UK but their margin requirements for CHF pairs kills me so I cannot trade with them.



I can start in the 20,000 USD area and go up from there.



Anything rings the bell? Any suggestions if you are in more or less the same boat?

Best Broker for Canadians from Alberta

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire